The 'Rabobank – iDEAL Professional V3' variant of the Pronamic Pay plugin can be used to receive iDEAL payments via WordPress with an iDEAL Professional connection at Rabobank.
Before you start: It is important that the iDEAL Professional contract with Rabobank has been completed prior to configuration.
To link the Pronamic Pay plugin to this variant, you must go through the following steps twice. First time in test mode, with iDEAL dashboard it becomes iDEAL Test Dashboard meant. The second time you enter the steps live mode off and it becomes iDEAL Dashboard meant.
Create the 'iDEAL Professional v3' configuration
- Install and activate the Pronamic Pay plugin (refer to the Getting Started manual for instructions);
- Then go to in the menu Payment » Configurations;
- Choose at the top Add new;
- Give the configuration a name (for example: 'Rabobank – iDEAL Professional (test)');
- Then select or fill in the following information:
- Variant: [Rabobank – iDEAL Professional – v3];
- Mode: Test;
- Retailer ID: the Merchant ID (can be found in the bank's iDEAL Dashboard);
- Organisation: legal company name (according to iDEAL Dashboard);
- Department: responsible department within the organization (not mandatory);
- City: location (according to iDEAL Dashboard);
- State or province: province in which the place of business is located;
- Country: 2-letter country code (for example
- E-mail address: e-mail address of the commercial or technical contact person (according to iDEAL Dashboard)
- Number of days valid: 1825 (this is the maximum of 5 years);
- Private key password: change the randomly generated password if desired (generate via e.g. http://www.random.org/passwords);
- Choose now Publish in the frame Publish.
Generate private key and certificate
When publishing the configuration, in most cases a private key and private certificate will be automatically created. If so, a button Download certificate displayed to download the certificate. The key and certificate are required for secure communication with the bank. Follow the steps for macOS or Windows to manually create the key and certificate if necessary, then continue with the steps Set private key and certificate.
- Open the program Terminal (to be found in: Programs » Utilities);
- copy the text of the field Private key at the bottom of the configuration and paste it into the terminal window, confirm the input by pressing the ENTER key;
- copy the text of the field Private certificate at the bottom of the configuration and paste it in the terminal window, confirm the input again with the ENTER-keys;
- the private key and certificate are now stored on your computer (probably in the root of the user account).
- Install the OpenSSL Light program (download openssl.zip);
- Start OpenSSL on (found in: installation directory /bin/openssl.exe);
- copy the text of the field Private key at the bottom of the configuration and run it in OpenSSL;
- copy the text of the field Private certificate at the bottom of the configuration and run it in OpenSSL;
- the private key and certificate are now stored on your computer.
The created files must be set in the configuration:
- choose at the field Private key the option to upload a file and select the newly created file filename.key;
- choose at the field Private certificate the option to upload a file and select the newly created file filename.cer;
- choose Updating in the frame To publish.
Set private key and certificate
- Go into it Rabo iDEAL Dashboard through the menu “Merchant data” to the sub-item “iDEAL Service data”;
- At the bottom of "+ Certificates” open and via the button “New Certificate” the file just created
- Now open the page of the created iDEAL configuration again in the WordPress dashboard. If Pronamic Pay does not display any error messages at the top of the page, the certificate has been successfully set up.
Mandatory testing of iDEAL configuration
- Go through the test payments as listed in the table below;
- check per payment whether it has been successfully checked at Login process » 'Status' tab in the iDEAL Test Dashboard;
- if all test payments have been successfully completed, Rabobank will activate the iDEAL connection. You will receive a message from Rabobank as soon as the activation has taken place;
- after activation, the above steps for setting up a certificate must be followed again, but with the mode set to Live and using the iDEAL Dashboard (instead of the iDEAL Test Dashboard).
Test payments and statuses
By starting a number of test payments with different amounts, the different statuses can be tested.